Assisting members with their market needs is just one of the many benefits of your IIANC membership. There are several ways in which we accomplish this – some seen, some not.
When independent agent carriers are looking to enter the state, we are happy to meet with them to offer information regarding our agency force as well as market conditions and North Carolina specific requirements. We have met with a number of new carriers over the last year.
In addition to these meetings, we offer market access on two levels:
- Access to markets from a national level through Big “I” Markets with products for both Personal Lines and Commercial lines such as high-value homes, fine arts, watercraft, outdoors, etc. (For a complete NC product list through Big “I” Markets, please click here.)
- Access to markets from a state level through iMarkets, which was developed in 2013 to meet the state-specific needs of our members. iMarkets was established to facilitate the relationship between carriers desiring to write coverage and IIANC member agents that are unable to receive company appointments due to volume commitments, location or other factors. Once approved, members work directly with the carriers, developing relationships just as with your contracted carriers.
iMarkets has been very successful over the past year assisting our members in writing approximately $2.5 million in business. In addition, two members were granted direct appointments with an iMarkets participating carrier after developing an excellent working relationship and writing a significant amount of good quality business.
We currently have three participating carriers in iMarkets:
- Bankers Insurance Group offers standalone Homeowners as well as small commercial lines.
- MetLife Auto & Home offers personal lines packages for home and auto, and may include watercraft, motorcycles, dwelling, Umbrella and more.
- UPC Insurance offers standalone Homeowners and Flood.
We will be holding an iMarkets webinar on November 20th at 10:30am. Please click here to register for this free webinar to hear directly from the participating carriers’ representatives.
We continue to meet with carriers to help fill the market needs of our members. If you have market needs, please contact us.