Guess what? I bet you didn’t know about something on our website…
If you visit our staff listing page and click on anyone’s photo, it will take you to a “secret” page that will you tell you all sorts of interesting (and perhaps not so interesting?!) tidbits about all of your favorite IIANC staff members!
Since you’re probably too busy to click through every single person on there… we’ll do you a favor and tell you all about each person on our blog, one department at a time. (Since I know you’re reading this blog anyway!)
Today I give you the Agency Resources team… Enjoy!
Rebecca Shigley, FLMI, AIE, AIRC, ACS, CICSR
Chief Operating Officer
Rebecca oversees the IIANC member programs for professional liability, market access, and group benefits and is the staff liaison for the Agency Management & Technology Committee. She works closely with company partners and vendors to develop resources that meet the professional needs of members. Prior to joining IIANC in May 2017, Rebecca served as the Deputy Commissioner of the Agent Services Division at the North Carolina Department of Insurance. She graduated from King’s College in Wilkes-Barre, PA with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in English and Criminal Justice. Originally from Long Island, NY, Rebecca moved to North Carolina in 2002 and lives with her husband, two teenage children, two dogs and a cat in Cary. She loves North Carolina, and bless her heart might one day not be considered a Yankee!
Fun facts about Rebecca:
- She loves to cook and teaches cooking classes at WhiskCarolina in Cary
- She has five sisters – there were six girls in her family… no boys!
- She owned a Harley Davidson Sportster (hunter green), but her hubby made her sell it before their kids were born
Benefits Account Manager / Account Executive, NCAIA
Cathy is the Benefits Account Executive with IIANC Member Services, handling employee benefits for the association’s agency members. She also serves as an Account Executive for NCAIA. Cathy attended Greenville Technical College in Greenville, SC before getting married and moving to North Carolina. She has 35 years of insurance experience and loves to share her knowledge of employee benefits. She’s lived in Arizona, Indiana and Ohio, but considers North Carolina her home. In her free time, Cathy enjoys spending time with family, loves baking. landscaping, traveling, and searching for vintage finds.
Fun facts about Cathy:
- She loves to float in her pool
- She makes giant dragonflies from recycled materials
- Cathy hopes to retire in the Bahamas with her husband Dan
Judy assists in the daily administrative insurance operations for IIANC Member Services and NCAIA. She also serves as the facilities coordinator for the association. She is a native of Raleigh, NC and enjoys spending time with family and friends.
Fun facts about Judy:
- She is a huge fan of the UNC Tar Heels, Carolina Panthers and Houston Rockets!
- She loves to shop
- She is a foodie at heart
Denise Miller, AAI, CISR
Senior E&O and Special Account Executive
Denise joined IIANC in March 1999 and is the Senior E&O Account Manager for the Association. She loves working with the member agents in placing their professional liability, umbrella, EPL and cyber coverage. She is a native of Asheville, NC, and has been married to her best friend for almost 40 years and has 2 children and 4 grandchildren. In her spare time she loves to spend time with her family, work in the yard and go to yard sales with her 8 year old granddaughter.
Fun facts about Denise:
- She has been the Children’s Ministry Director at her church for the past 20+ years
- She collects snowmen – she keeps several strategically placed throughout the house all year long
- She’s a University of Tennessee fan – GO VOLS!
Gina Stallings, AAI, CISR
E&O Account Executive
Gina joined IIANC in December 2014 as part of the E&O Team. Gina assists our members in placing their E&O, Umbrella, and EPLI. She also is the contact for IIANC Member Market Access Program which includes IMS/iMarkets, Market Finder, and Big I Markets. Gina began her insurance career with Seibels, Bruce Insurance Company in August 1985 and has enjoyed working with North Carolina agencies ever since!
Fun facts about Gina:
- Gina married her high school sweetheart; they have two sons and are expecting their first grandchild in December 2018
- Her favorite place is any beach with a James Patterson novel
- Her favorite food group is ice cream