Guess what? I bet you didn’t know about something on our website…
If you visit our staff listing page and click on anyone’s photo, it will take you to a “secret” page that will you tell you all sorts of interesting (and perhaps not so interesting?!) tidbits about all of your favorite IIANC staff members!
Since you’re probably too busy to click through every single person on there… we’ll do you a favor and tell you all about each person on our blog, one department at a time. (Since I know you’re reading this blog anyway!)
Today I give you the Member Experience team… Enjoy!
Vice President of Member Experience
Natalie oversees the association’s membership recruitment and engagement efforts, marketing/communication initiatives, and events. She is also the staff liaison to the iLEAD (Young Agents) Committee. Natalie has spent most of her career in the Big “I” family. She joined IIANC in 2006 after working for two years with the Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of South Carolina.
A Tar Heel born and Tar Heel bred, she graduated from UNC-Chapel Hill with a B.A. in Journalism and Mass Communication, concentration in Public Relations. Natalie grew up in Siler City, NC (the quintessential Southern small town) and now lives in a “house divided” near Pittsboro with her Wolfpacker husband and two boys, ages 5 and 10. Outside of work, she can usually be found at one of their sporting events (most often baseball!)
Fun facts about Natalie:
- She is on a quest with her family to visit all of the MLB ballparks at least once…7 parks down, 23 to go. But her favorite stadium is Nationals Park, and they’ve been six times (Go Nats!).
- Her favorite place to be is at a beach with her toes in the sand, cold drink and book in hand, and watching the waves.
- She would find it hard to survive without the three Cs – coffee, cabernet and (Diet) Coke.
Allyson Knott, CMP
Meetings & Events Manager
As IIANC’s Meetings & Events Manager, Allyson is responsible for the planning and management of all IIANC Conferences & Events in addition to managing the IIANC PARTNERS Program. Allyson is from Fuquay-Varina, NC, and graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with a degree in Sociology. She “grew up” at IIANC, beginning her career here in 2007 as an intern in the Education Department while attending UNC.
Fun facts about Allyson:
- Allyson loves to spend every spare minute with her family, including her husband (and high school sweetheart), two-year-old son, newborn daughter, and beagle
- She enjoys traveling the world and hopes to share that passion with her children soon (when they’re out of the newborn/toddler fog)
While everyone works in membership at IIANC, Jill’s role is to take the lead on all member recruitment and retention efforts. She is a great first point of contact when you are interested in learning more, or have a question about the association’s member benefits. Originally from upstate New York, Jill graduated from Siena College with a bachelor’s of science degree in marketing and management. Most of her career had been in the association world before finding her way to IIANC in June of 2014. Nowadays, Jill and her husband are thoroughly enjoying their new family life with their infant son and Parson Russell Terrier!
Fun facts about Jill:
- Jill is a thoroughbred horse racing fan and spent most of her summers in NY at the Saratoga Race Track
- She is a big fan of a well-crafted sandwich
- She has a love of anything with polka dots
Rena has been at IIANC since 2012, where she manages all communication, designs marketing materials, runs the social media channels and serves as the webmaster for the association. Rena graduated from the University of North Carolina in the School of Journalism & Mass Communication with a degree in Visual Communication (Go Heels!) She is a native of Charlotte, NC, despite her non-Southern accent. In her free time, Rena enjoys spending time with her husband and toddler son, obsessing over all things Broadway-related, watching the New York Yankees or anything on Bravo, and eating pizza.
Fun facts about Rena:
- She’s seen Billy Joel in concert seven times
- She spent a summer working at People Magazine in college (and met David Beckham!)
- She really hates bananas
A recent addition to the Member Experience department: Adam Petrey, CISR, AAI, joined the Member Experience department this summer. Our Data Analytics Manager has moved from our Finance & Operations department and you can learn more about Adam here in a previous blog post!