Guess what? I bet you didn’t know about something on our website…
If you visit our staff listing page and click on anyone’s photo, it will take you to a “secret” page that will you tell you all sorts of interesting (and perhaps not so interesting?!) tidbits about all of your favorite IIANC staff members!
Since you’re probably too busy to click through every single person on there… we’ll do you a favor and tell you all about each person on our blog, one department at a time. (Since I know you’re reading this blog anyway!)
Today I give you the North Carolina Association of Insurance Agents (NCAIA) team… Enjoy!
Lisa Weatherly, CRIS, CISR, CPIW, MLIS
Lisa manages the agency whose only client is the State of North Carolina. Lisa has been in the insurance industry for over 35 years and in her current position since 2000. She has worked in all areas of the industry, starting out in a retail agency, moving on to being an adjuster, then an underwriter before joining the IIANC/NCAIA staff. Lisa attempted a change of career when taking a job as a flight attendant but after one year of flying she landed right back into the insurance industry.
Fun facts about Lisa:
- She loves animals and has a hobby/rescue farm which consists of horses, cows, llamas, donkeys, pigs, ducks, dogs, cats, and an African grey parrot.
- She and her husband compete in triathlons. When not competing they both love golfing, long bike rides, kayaking, going for a run, or just simply being outdoors.
- She does not like clowns or speaking into a microphone. As a child she was on the Bozo the Clown show and won the hula-hoop contest. When Bozo put the microphone up for her to give her name, she froze.
Barbra Abrahams, CISR, CSRM, CPIW
Barbra’s day-to-day duties include handling the auto coverage for the state of North Carolina, which has a high concentration on claims system administration. She also handles many inland marine coverages. In addition, she handles the accounts payable and receivables for the State’s insurance and assists IIANC Member Services with accounting needs. She is originally from New Jersey but is happy to call North Carolina her home for over 25 years.
Fun facts about Barbra:
- Barbra considers herself a “collector of things”
- She loves handbags
- Lately she’s been addicted to atomic fireballs candy
Erin grew up in the beautiful mountains of North Carolina in a tiny one-stoplight town called Hayesville (nestled between Hiwassee, GA and Murphy, NC), but somehow never picked up an accent! She has lived in the Apex/Cary area since 1996, and considers herself a “local” having graduated from Cary High School. She attended NC State University to receive a BA in Arts Applications/Film Studies with a minor in Psychology, but is NOT a State fan – Go Heels! Erin has a 13 year old daughter named Bella and a 7 month old Goldendoodle named Bear.
Fun facts about Erin:
- She loves adventure – rock climbing, repelling, kayaking, white water rafting and more… She even went skydiving once! (When asked about it, Erin said “it was great, but I don’t need to do it again!”)
- She is crazy obsessed with the fall and Halloween – the weather, pumpkins, you name it… (But she also loves Thanksgiving and Christmas!)
- Erin considers herself a “walking, talking IMDB in the flesh”
Mitchell works very closely with all of the State Universities in areas that include but are not limited to the Study Abroad, Business Travel and International Student Programs, as well as the University Interns, Summer Camps, and Volunteer policies. He is a graduate of Appalachian State University with a degree in Risk Management & Insurance and a degree in Finance & Banking. Mitchell was born in Ohio but considers North Carolina his home!
Fun facts about Mitchell:
- He grew up as an expat kid living in multiple places in the United States and then lived in Europe for middle school and Asia for high school.
- He loves to mountain bike and ski, and was able to do a lot of both while at Appalachian State.
- He has a lab/retriever mix named Luna who loves to be outside – her favorite place in the world is the dog park!
Elizabeth Hale, CPCU, MLIS
Elizabeth started working at NCAIA in January 2017. She is responsible for assisting the State of North Carolina with Liability and Crime Insurance. Elizabeth graduated from Stetson University with a degree in Political Science and earned her CPCU designation in 1991. In addition to selling commercial property and casualty insurance, she homeschooled her three children, started a not for profit youth volleyball club and taught writing to middle and high school students. Elizabeth loves to hike in the mountains, kayak at the lake and relax at the beach. Favorite hobbies at home include Bible Study, Book Club, ping pong and cycling.
Fun facts about Liz:
- Can’t drive past a cow in a field without shouting “look at the cow”
- Rides a unicycle
- Dreams of visiting Israel
Cathy is the Benefits Account Executive with IIANC Member Services, handling employee benefits for the association’s agency members. She also serves as an Account Executive for NCAIA. Cathy attended Greenville Technical College in Greenville, SC before getting married and moving to North Carolina. She has 35 years of insurance experience and loves to share her knowledge of employee benefits. She’s lived in Arizona, Indiana and Ohio, but considers North Carolina her home. In her free time, Cathy enjoys spending time with family, loves baking. landscaping, traveling, and searching for vintage finds.
Fun facts about Cathy:
- She loves to float in her pool
- She makes giant dragonflies from recycled materials
- Cathy hopes to retire in the Bahamas with her husband Dan
Edie Jacomet, AAI
Edie is an Account Executive with NCAIA whose experience in business ownership was the catalyst into commercial insurance. Maintaining strong relationships and striving to understand the client’s changing needs are her priority. At NCAIA, property and inland marine are her main responsibilities. She is a Raleigh native who, more than anything, loves spending time with her family and friends. Edie graduated from Barton College and did post graduate work at NC State University.
Fun facts about Edie:
- In 2009, Edie received the President’s Volunteer Service Award for her 10 years of service as a Guardian ad Litem and for demonstrating the outstanding character of America.
- Edie has six children which explains why, on the weekends, she can usually be found piddling in her yard and randomly talking to her pets.
- Edie’s hero is her grandmother who could quiet all 14 grandkids with the “stink eye” from up front of the church while still playing the organ.