Guess what? I bet you didn’t know about something on our website…
If you visit our staff listing page and click on anyone’s photo, it will take you to a “secret” page that will you tell you all sorts of interesting (and perhaps not so interesting?!) tidbits about all of your favorite IIANC staff members! PLUS you can watch some AWESOME videos about each person, too!
Since you’re probably too busy to click through every single person on there… we’ll do you a favor and tell you all about each person on our blog, one department at a time. (Since I know you’re reading this blog anyway!)
Today I give you the IIANC Professional Development team… Enjoy!
LuAnn Wooters, CISR, AAI, AAI-M
Vice President of Professional Development
LuAnn oversees the professional development team and is responsible for selecting and developing content for IIANC’s continuing education and professional development programs. She serves as staff liaison to Technical Committee, CIC Advisory Council and Professional Development Committee. She serves on the North Carolina Property/Casualty Insurance Test Development Committee. A native of North Carolina, LuAnn Wooters has been in the insurance industry for over 30 years. During this time, she held multiple agency positions as personal and commercial lines CSR, office manager, personal lines manager, claims manager, small business sales manager, and education specialist.
LuAnn is a graduate of Peace College, attended North Carolina State University and is a Wolfpack fan. LuAnn has two children and a dog Bella. Outside the office, LuAnn loves going to the beach, mountains and movies.
Fun facts about LuAnn:
- Visiting Lloyds of London is on her bucket list
- She was a cheerleader for five years and still likes to watch gymnastics during the Olympics
- She loves music – has been singing in choirs since 9th grade
Professional Development Coordinator
As one of the Professional Development Coordinators, Brittni works to provide continuing education opportunities to the insurance agents of NC. Brittni primarily handles coordinating the CIC designation classes that IIANC holds. Brittni earned her bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, concentrating in Hospitality and Tourism Management, from Appalachian State University in Boone, NC. She was born and raised in Raleigh, NC and couldn’t imagine living anywhere else. Outside of the office, Brittni enjoys traveling and spending time with friends and family.
Fun facts about Brittni:
- She is a huge music fan. Appreciates all genres of music and loves going to live performances. She even plays a little guitar herself.
- She is a Pittsburgh Steelers fan
- She has a Boston Terrier named Delta
Part Time Administrative Assistant
Emma hails from Long island, NY, and moved to NC in 2017 with her family. She attended business school, and studied business law. After college she stepped into the mortgage, title and real estate business and spent over 15 years in real estate before moving to NC and deciding to do something else. She has three children: a 23 year old stepson, a 22 year old daughter and a 12 year old son. She spends her weekends watching her youngest play baseball and basketball.
Fun facts about Emma:
- Emma sings in a local Raleigh intergenerational womens choir known as Oak City Voices, as well as serves on their Non Profit Board of Directors, and heads up their marketing and website team.
- She sang at Carnegie Hall with her choir in NY (and checked that off her bucket list!)
- She was born in Cooperstown, NY – the home of the Baseball Hall of Fame
Professional Development Coordinator
Julie coordinates the continuing education and Pre-Licensing courses. She also handles pre-planning logistics. She works closely with the Professional Development team to ensure that each program is successful from start to finish. Julie has a bachelor’s degree in Economics from the University of Pittsburgh, so of course – she loves the Pittsburgh Steelers!
Fun facts about Julie:
- You can easily find her outdoors playing tennis, hiking or kayaking
- She enjoys music and has had 10 years of piano instruction
- In her spare time, she loves to travel to new places with her husband and family